A holiday spent in Nicaragua is the trip of a lifetime. Even if you live here, there’s no better way to spend the day than on a catamaran, out at sea. You want to do more than sit around; we don’t blame you. Nicaragua is known for some of the best fishing on Earth!
You can try catching different fish types, such as a blue marlin or sailfish. So, If you are interested in having a fun fishing trip on the sea with your family or friends, this blog will cover what you need to do to rent a boat for fishing, but first, let’s answer the question about if you can fish from a catamaran!
Is It Possible to Fish Off the Deck of a Catamaran?
Because catamarans are built with two hull designs instead of one, there’s more deck space than with a traditional monohull sailboat. You and your group will have all the room you need for the activities you want, including fishing. Fishing gear and life jackets are included in your package!
Don’t think of a catamaran like a speed boat where you’re jostled, struggling to stand up. You can easily stand, walk, and start working your way to fishing.
How Boat Rental Works?
Renting a boat for fishing is straightforward. At Esmeralda Sailing, we provide different packages that will sail you along the sea to start your fishing adventure with your family, friends, and our cabin crew!
- Select the package: We count on two packages, a full-day and a half-day one. But also you can create a custom package based on your needs.
- Choose your departing point: We can pick you up from Rancho Santana, Gigante, Guacalito, Redonda Beach, Hacienda Iguana, Colorado Beach, El Coco Beach, Brasilito Beach, El Sucio Beach – Remanso.
- Pick the destinations you want to visit: Our packages include different locations to visit, either north or south of San Juan del Sur. If there are other destinations you want to travel to, let us know before your trip.
What Do You Need to Rent a Catamaran for Fishing?
Before you are ready to set sail with us, keep in mind that you have to comply with some requirements before embarking on your fishing adventure:
- Be of age: You need the legal age required by the company to rent the vessel. Most companies have a minimum age requirement of 18 years.
- Have a valid payment method: Valid payment methods accepted by catamaran rental companies are credit cards, debit cards, or cash.
- Have all your legal documents: The required documents can be your passport or driver’s license.
- Read the rental agreement: Carefully read and understand your rental agreement before you sail.
If you are wondering where to rent a boat to go fishing, look no further than Esmeralda Sailing!
Come Sail With Us at Esmeralda Sailing!
Fishing on the Pacific Coast of Nicaragua is a fun experience to enjoy a day by the sea. Whether you are an expert fisherman or a complete beginner, this is an activity that everyone can have fun experiencing. Even though fishing on a catamaran is relatively easier than on other types of boats, remember that there are a few requirements you need to follow to set sail!
Esmeralda Sailing is an all-inclusive sailing experience along the Pacific Coast. We offer different amenities and activities to ensure you are comfortable onboard. You can select one of our two existing price packages or create a custom one for your trip. Esmeralda Sailing offers a sailing experience like no other; contact us and try it out for yourself!